Love has been defined in different words by different people. One common denomination of love is patience and being able to stick out for our loved ones. Over the years, several individuals have defined love by their actions and captured this in the sands of time. This is a culled list of seven amazing acts of love that truly capture the heart.
• Lui Shi Ching displayed an act of selfless love for 8 years to his friend, Lu Shao. Lu had a congenital disorder and had to depend on his mom for his movements to and fro school. It rained one day and his mom couldn’t come on time so Lu was stuck in school. Lui, who was smaller in size than Lu made a decision to get him home that day and soon, every day! He never told anyone about it, his parents only found out 4 years down the line. This act of love lifted a dark cloud in Lu’s life and allowed sunshine come in, as reported in Lu’s diary.
• Donald and Nancy Featherstone are a very colorful and romantic couple who have worn matching outfits for about 35 years. Donald is an Artist quite famous for designing the plastic pink flamingo lawn ornament. What’s there to not love in an Artist?
• In 1944, Captain Wilm Hosenfeld, a German Officer displayed tough love to Wladyslaw Szpilman, a talented Pianist from Polish. Wladyslaw was enrolled into the military when the Germans invaded Poland in 1942. Luckily, he survived the war after his ordeals but was found out by Captain Wilm. Although Wladyslaw accepted his fate, Captain Wilm didn’t. He helped him evade recapture while feeding him and providing a safe place to hide. Love from an enemy!
• Steve Smith and Carmen Ruiz-Perez fell head over heels in love with each other during their 20s and got engaged. Carmen was a foreign exchange student in England at the time and when she had to move back to France a year later, the relationship suffered. Steve never forgot her and sent a message several years later with the aim of rekindling the lost flames.
His letter, however, ended up at the back of Carmen’s fireplace when it slipped from the mantel place where her mom kept it. Ten years and a renovation later, it resurfaced. It read “I hope you are well. I was just writing to ask if you ever married and if you ever still thought of me? It would be great to hear from you, please get in touch if you can. Steve XXX.” Carmen overcame her nervousness, got in touch and they got married at the age of 42, 17 years after they fell for each other.
• Judith Lovell always saw her granddad, David Hurd, as a ‘somber and dignified’ man and was amazed to stumble upon his adventurous love letters with her grandma, Avril Cato. It all began with boredom. David was lonely in Jamaica where he did menial jobs for a living and began to write to a Caribbean lady. In one year, he fell in love with his pen friend and went on to propose marriage which she and her family accepted. They met in August 1914, felt the love up close and got married. Avril traveled back to New York with David and they lived happily ever after… till Avril passed on in 1962 and David in 1971. Well, their love lived on in their six kids.
• John and Ann Betars’ love story began in a neighborhood as friends. It ‘ran’ on to New York City, when Ann’s dad tried marrying her off to a man 20 years older. This young love was not expected to survive but it did. In 2013 (November 24), they became the United States’ longest married couple. They had 5 children, 14 grandchildren, and 16 great-grandchildren.
Don’t Miss – Proposing Marriage: 7 Best Days To Drop On One Knee
• A father noticed the problems ravaging his people and gave up his son to serve the punishment for them. In the long run, this earned them Salvation from their sins and corrupt practices and gave them the chance to live forever (eternal life). This is the ultimate display of love found in the Christian’s Holy book, the Bible. It is the story of God and Jesus Christ, His son.
Love is indeed truly beautiful!