Tsutomu Miyazaki changed a relatively peaceful community in Japan to a horror that would change the lives of many for a very long time – if not for their entire lives. He became popular for the wrong reasons of brutally killing little girls, raping them, and in other cases sucking their blood and even eating parts of their bodies.
Pride of abusing and taking the lives of little girls was evident as he left parts of the bodies of his innocent victims as trophies. He was nicknamed The Otaku Murderer, The Little Girl Murderer, and Rat man amid others for his deeds between 1988-1989.
Biography of Tsutomu Miyazaki
Born a premature and with a defection on August 21, 1962, Tsutomu was left with wrists that would not bend upwards. For this reason, he was shunned by many and left in his own company. At school, he started as a good student but gradually dropped off the ladder and couldn’t make it to the Meiji University.
He was later able to attend a local college to study to become a photo technician. After his studies, Miyazaki felt he was not heard by his family even though they lived in the same house. He became more distant and did not join in his father’s business and had to share a room with his elder sister.
Miyazaki -The Truth About The Serial Killing
Although he felt alone, he felt loved by his grandfather who unfortunately passed in 1988. He became broken and went into a depression that left him with suicidal thoughts. To have parts of his grandfather, Miyazaki ate a part of his grandfather’s ashes. Weeks later, he was caught sneaking on his sister while in the shower.
Between 1988-1989, Miyazaki randomly selected his victims who were usually little girls. For some weird reasons, he would write to the families of his victims recounting the murder, call them severally only to breathe heavily.
A day after his 26th birthday in August 1988, Miyazaki abducted Mari Konno who was only 4 years old. He drove her, stayed an hour with her before ending her life. Days later after Mari’s body was decomposed, he went further to remove her hands and feet to save in his closet. For the remaining part of the body, Miyazaki burnt and sent her ash, a picture of her clothes, and teeth to her family.
Two months after he ended the life of little Konno, Masami Yoshizawa who was only 7 years old became his next victim and like the first time, he sent her clothes to her family. He didn’t stop there but went further to brutally murder a 4-year-old Erika Namba only to send a postcard to her family with an assembled words from a magazine: “Erika. Cold. Cough. Throat. Rest. Death”
In 1989 in the month of June, five years old Ayako Nomoto met her end in the hands of the serial killer. He found his way home with her lifeless body, had sexual intercourse with it for two days, made pictures of different styles and videos as well. He later got rid of the body and sucked blood from her hands that he left behind.
Read other interesting articles
- 8 Real Incest Stories In Modern Times That Are Absolutely Shocking
- Nikko Jenkins Facts- 10 Horrifying Details About The Spree Killer
- Jemeker Thompson – Is She The Most Dreaded Female Drug Lord?
Tsutomu Miyazaki’s Arrest, Trial and Execution
After he managed his way to having a little girl go nude on July 23, 1989, just to take pictures of her, her father came through and forced Miyazaki to flee but was apprehended when he came back to get his car at the park.
His apartment was searched and over 5000 videotapes anime and slasher films were recovered. Videos and pictures of his victims and horror films were also gotten.
Tsutomu’s trial kicked-off on March 30, 1990. He appeared calm and blamed his actions on Rat Man – an alter ego he said forced him to commit the crimes. Throughout his trial period, he continued to give his attention to drawing the Rat Man. The trial lasted seven years and it focused on his mental status.
On April 14, 1997, he was sentenced to death after he was said to be aware of his actions. He depicted his several killings as an ‘act of benevolence’ and was hanged on June 17, 2008, following the issuing of death warrant by Minister of Justice Kunio Hatoyama.
Throughout the trial of Tsutomu, his father refused to pay for legal defense and in 1994, he committed suicide.
Shocking facts About Tsutomu Miyazaki
1. The serial killer, cannibal, and necrophile was a product of incest. He was born following an affair his father had with his sister.
2. Not only was he a product of incest, but Tsutomu Miyazaki also had incestuous tendencies. As stated, he peeped his sister while taking a shower and when she complained, he attacked her. The issue was reported to his mother who confronted him, telling him to spend more time working rather than watching dirty videos. He got angry and attacked her as well.
3. His initial dream before choosing to pursue a career as a photo technician was to obtain a degree in the English language and become a teacher.
4. Tsutomu Miyazaki was expected to take over the newspaper business of his father, but he had no interest and rejected the venture. This made the entire family tag him the black sheep of the family. All resented him, and no one was ready to give him listening ears.
5. According to Miyazaki’s close friend, the serial killer suffered from an inferiority complex which was caused by the small size of his penis. Because of this, he found it hard to approach girls older than him or those closer to his age.
6. He was a perverse fellow who would go to tennis games just to photograph women in a sexual manner most especially with upskirts. More so, he was deeply into child pornography.