As regards sexuality, we have come across a lot of people who have always come up with various theories as to how they became gay. While that of Scott Purdy may not be the worst, it is very much somewhere very close to the top. According to him, he is now gay because he took prescription painkiller drugs.
No, 23 years old Purdy is not joking about it. According to the man who is from Britain, since he started taking the drugs, he suddenly came to lose interest in women and is now fully in love with strictly men.
As serious as it is, Scott Purdy has lost all sexual attraction to women and has broken up with his girlfriend whom he had dated or 6 months. He pointed out that it was weeks after he had started taking the prescribed drugs that he realized he was no longer attracted to women.
Pregabalin or Lyrica, which he took, is a drug that is created for the treatment of epilepsy and it serves for anxiety disorders. Interestingly enough, the drug which is associated with the brain has many side effects that include mood swings and loss of libido,
The surprising case of Purdy is that as he has revealed, he has never been interested in men since he was a child, although he was sometimes curious. Insisting that the effects of the drugs need to be made known to people, the Lincolnshire man said after he saw what the drug was doing to him, he stopped taking it and just like that, he was no more gay and his desire for men just went away.
Having broken up with his girlfriend who easily understood with him, he said he will keep taking the drugs because he found it rather liberating as it has made him rather happier with his newfound sexuality. Beyond just the sexuality, he said the drug has also helped him to control his anxiety and paranoia which is also very important to him.
Now an open gay, Scott said is single and looking forward to mingling. He has his eyes on a guy whom he said he will soon meet and may start a relationship with.
His greatest fear right now is going back to straight as such, he is very ready to fight anyone who wants to take the drugs from him.
His Father’s Side of the Story
Purdy’s estranged father, on the other hand, has claimed that his son was not heterosexual before taking the drugs. Nigel insisted that his son was in fact, bi-sexual and had only been living a lie according to the DailyMail.
The father who had fallen out with his son said the 23 years old unemployed Scott had experimented same-sex relationships when he was a teenager, and so the drug had not done anything to him. ‘I know my son and we have always just assumed he was bisexual, as it turns out he is gay. It’s just the way he was, even when he was younger,” the elderly man said.
Medical Side of the Story
While that is the side of the story from Scott Purdy and his father’s, the medics have pointed out that the drug which coincidentally is made by Pfizer, the same company that produces Viagra, cannot turn him to gay. Contrary to this, there are doctors that believe that instead of turning one to gay, it can actually help decrease one’s homosexual tendencies.
According to Dr. Lawrence Wilson who graduated from the Centro De Estudios Universitarios Xochicalco, he believes that the drug may actually be able to cure people of Homosexuality, and not cause it. But then he admitted that the drug may actually affect one’s sexuality, even though that is only temporarily. More so, as revealed, there are those who after taking the drug are unable to get an erection.
On its patrt, Pfizer noted that it is very important for people to take the drug as recommended by their physicians as it has been found to be effective in the treatment of the diseases it was designed for. Also, they said it is important that one reports to his healthcare provider in case of any unusual reaction.
Apart from Scott Purdy- 5 Other things claimed have turned one gay
- Having older brothers: While this may seem very crazy, there is a research work which has claimed that having elder brothers can increase one’s likelihood to become gay. According to the study which was published in the journal PNAS, the more a woman gives birth to boys, the more some chemical reactions happen in her womb that affects the brain of a male child and that will increase the likelihood of the next child becoming gay.
- Some water chemicals: Okay, while scientists have provided their reason, a Politician, Susan King from the United Kingdom believes that there are some feminizing hormones in water that can actually affect the sexuality of people. How she came by this? She carried out a research, according to her.
- Fast food and less sleep: According to another study, you increase your chances of becoming gay when you consume too much fast food and at the same time you deny yourself sleep. Among the food one must avoid if you don’t want to be gay is fatty food and fries, citrus fruits and carbonated drinks, as well as heavy food most especially before you go to bed. The thing, though, according to the study is that if food makes you gay and you change your lifestyle, you will return straight.
- Paracetamol during pregnancy: Yes, another study says the more paracetamol you take during pregnancy, the more likely are you to give birth to a gay child. This is because the painkiller can reduce the masculinity in your child, thereby making him less attracted to women. The research points out that this has been proven in mice.
- Marijuana smoking: This was according to Dr. Wesley Muhammad of the Nation of Islam. He insists that smoking weed can make you gay and that in fact, the promotion of medical marijuana is only a way for the government to improve homosexuality.